BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ohiogrown
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone!

Starting to learn SAS today.  I have downloaded a uni edition, running from a VM.  I have found this link http://support.sas.com/publishing/authors/extras/60864_code.pdf through a training video and have tried to set it up.  I drag/drop the .sas file into a new program window, then I try to edit the libname/infile to my specific file destination.  I am receiving errors and have not been able to locate a fix.  Since my comp is running sas through vm and not windows, would this create a problem when following the directions?  Also, I have no menu/tools/file bar on my edition, is this common? 

/******************************************

Substitute the folder of your choice in the

libname statement that follows

*******************************************/

libname learn 'C:\Learn';  <--- From what I understand, I need to change this?

/********************************************************

You also need to modify any INFILE statements that

point to external text files.  One easy way to do

this is to search for:

c:\books\learning  <---And this?

and replace it with the folder where you have stored your

text files.

**********************************************************/

Sorry for the juvenile problem but I have spent nearly two hours researching this problem with no success.  May need my hand help.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Yes, look up the FAQ on setting up shared folders and assigning libraries in SAS University Edition. It's been a question that's been asked on this forum many times....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation