BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm using Linux and want to use a SAS file with formats that was made on a Windows computer. The formats are in a file (catalog) named formats.sas7bcat. I do not have access to the original SAS proc formats that created this file. I am able to read the datafile, but when a proc need a format I get the error "ERROR: File TUM.FORMATS.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.
ERROR: Format $CENTER not found or couldn't be loaded for variable Center." How can I convert the formats to Linux?

KnutH
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Basically, you need to export the catalog from the Windows environment in a transport file (see PROC CPORT/CIMPORT for details). If it's impossible to get an extract from your format catalog origin, maybe you have other collogues/friends with Windows SAS that can do it for you, or, ultimately, SAS mat do it for you if ask very friendly...;-)

/Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
You can use the FileZilla to transfer file from Window to unix in ASCII mode
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hacks aside - suggest from experience that you stick with what works for the SAS system catalogs and files, and even so, post-migration test scenario execution is highly recommended.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Moving and Accessing SAS Files between Operating Environments
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/movefile/59598/HTML/default/moveacc.htm

Tips and Techniques For Moving Between Operating Environments
J. Meimei Ma, Quintiles, North Carolina, U.S.A.
Sandra Schlotzhauer, Schlotzhauer Consulting, North Carolina, U.S.A.
http://sas.com/proceedings/sugi23/Begtutor/p56.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation