BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I need to convert sas file to SPSS file. Could you please show me the syntax for this purpose? It would be more helpful if label in sas data can be converted as well.
Thanks.

YD
2 REPLIES 2
DrAnnmaria
Fluorite | Level 6
Check out PROC EXPORT

PROC EXPORT DATA= filename
OUTFILE= "C:\mydr\newfile.sav"
DBMS=SPSS REPLACE;

Writes out a file named filename to the mydir folder on my c: drive and saves it as an SPSS file named newfile.sav

You really don't need to do this, though, if you want to open a SAS dataset in SPSS. Just go to SPSS and from the FILE menu select OPEN. For type, scroll down to where it says SAS. This will import your SAS dataset into SPSS, including the labels. The SPSS syntax is

GET
SAS DATA='C:\mydir\filename.sas7bdat'.

AnnMaria
chang_y_chung_hotmail_com
Obsidian | Level 7
I usually rely on Stat/Transfer.

Once you convert your SAS data to a SPSS system file, try converting back to SAS data set (with a different name). And then run PROC COMPARE to see what you have preserved and what you have lost.

SPSS has a single system missing value, but each variable can have multiple user-defined missing values. SAS has 28 different missing values for numeric variables and has no equivalents to SPSS's user-defined missing values.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation