BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
claudiopcjr
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, I'm running tests to generate comparisions between ROC curves using the PROC LOGISTIC procedure as below:

ods graphics on;
proc logistic data=DATA_CASE_STUDY_ING;
model intodefault = mrating / outroc=troc;
roc; roccontrast;
run;
ods graphics off;

The date 'have' has the column 'defaulted' identifying the customers that presented default (with value 1) or didn't (with value 0) and the column 'rating' that ranks the customers from worst to the better ones.

The main result for me on this procedure is:

claudiopcjr_0-1621025294927.png

By default the ROC1 curve, generated for comparision, has a ROC value of 0.5.

Does anyone know how to change it ? It would be the same as changing the null hypothesis for this test.

I'd like to test it for 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Does not the confidence interval give you that test?

0.6 is not in the confidence interval, so the area under the curve is statistically different than 0.6.

--
Paige Miller
claudiopcjr
Fluorite | Level 6

For the used data yes, but I'd like to test it in generical terms and also to check the p-value.

Thank you.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@claudiopcjr wrote:

For the used data yes, but I'd like to test it in generical terms and also to check the p-value.

Give an example. It seems to me that the solution to use the confidence interval reported by PROC LOGISTIC is perfectly generic, it applies to all situations and all data sets and any value (0.5, 0.6, 0.7, ...) that you wish to test it against.

--
Paige Miller
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

And to follow up on what @PaigeMiller was saying about an interval, it doesn't depend on the unrealistic assumption that the underlying population values are identical, which is what the hypothesis test p value assumes.  You know a priori that they are not identical, and so whatever p value comes out, it isn't "correct", and you don't know how far away from correct the p value is (or else you could apply some non-central correction).  For some things (say a binomial underlying variable), it isn't even a smooth curve as you move away from identical.

(Thanks and a tip of the hat to my Math Stat prof Dr. Norm Matloff)

SteveDenham

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation