BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
berhard
Calcite | Level 5

I have three continuous variables, tot_doc_fp, tot_nurse_fp, and tot_mid_fp. For my analysis, I want to know if any combination of the values of the three variables is greater than or equal to 2 for any of the observations, and then for what percentage of observations the combined value is greater than or equal to 2. I'm on version 9.4.

7 REPLIES 7
chrej5am
Quartz | Level 8

data have;
tot_doc_fp=1;
tot_nurse_fp=1;
tot_mid_fp=1;
output;
tot_doc_fp=0;
tot_nurse_fp=0;
tot_mid_fp=0;
output;
run;

data want(keep=fraction);
set have end=the_end;
if sum(tot_doc_fp,tot_nurse_fp,tot_mid_fp) ge 2 then count_true+1;

if the_end then do;
fraction=count_true/_N_; output;
end;
run;

berhard
Calcite | Level 5

Does this take into account that any one of the variables could have a value higher than 2 by itself?

And how do I view the output? Nothing is showing up in my results viewer.

chrej5am
Quartz | Level 8

the condition is that the sum of the variables is greater or equal 2, so any value can be on the input. In detail if one variable is ge 2 the condition is true, if you want something else, please specify your question.

The output fraction is stored in dataset want.

berhard
Calcite | Level 5

I appreciate the code, but I'm still confused. The number I am getting is 0.5, but there are 135 observations, so that can't be correct.

chrej5am
Quartz | Level 8

OK, th first part of my code creates a dummy dataset have with two observation. View this dataset.

In the next part i count the frequency and output the percentage. For one observation the condition holds true, for the other it does not. So the fraction is 0.5. I output this to the dataset want.

You need to provide more info or adapt the code for your case yourself.

ballardw
Super User

It is best practice here to provide some example data that covers all of your data cases and the desired results for that example data. If you have missing values, negative values, etc. examples should be included. Best is to follow instructions from here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... to create data step code that allows us to recreate your example data to test code against.

Ksharp
Super User

Better post an example to explain your question and don't forget post the output either.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation