BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Zulfiqar_Ali
Calcite | Level 5

Can please anybody help me to know tha tfrom  where can I download data file s and programs used in Mr. Cody's book "Learning SAS by Examples". Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ron_MacroMaven
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

try google SAS book by Ron Cody

Example Code and Data for Learning SAS by Example: A ...

support.sas.com/publishing/authors/extras/60864_code.pdf

SAS Institute

Programmer's Guide by Ron Cody ... Creating the Data Sets for this Book ... this book. Instructions for generating the data sets are in the following table:.

in the pdf named 60864_code.pdf are the instructions:

1. The sample code and data for Learning SAS by Example: A Programmer's Guide is available in a ZIP file

located here:

http://support.sas.com/publishing/bbu/zip/60864.zip

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ron_MacroMaven
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

try google SAS book by Ron Cody

Example Code and Data for Learning SAS by Example: A ...

support.sas.com/publishing/authors/extras/60864_code.pdf

SAS Institute

Programmer's Guide by Ron Cody ... Creating the Data Sets for this Book ... this book. Instructions for generating the data sets are in the following table:.

in the pdf named 60864_code.pdf are the instructions:

1. The sample code and data for Learning SAS by Example: A Programmer's Guide is available in a ZIP file

located here:

http://support.sas.com/publishing/bbu/zip/60864.zip

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

And, an additional comment about the programs in this book. Ron Cody used SAS/GRAPH and the LIBNAME statement for Excel in his book. If you are using SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine or SAS UE on Amazon or SAS OnDemand for Academics, then some of his programs and solutions will NOT work.  There aren't a lot. I ran through all of his programs on the UE and there are some that don't work because of the differences between a local install of SAS and the UE method of using SAS.

cynthia

Zulfiqar_Ali
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for your help so far. I appreciate. As I mentioned last time that I am just a student learning SAS by myself by reading Mr. Ron's book. As you mentioned in your message that coding about graph in his book will not work properly. You are just right . Can you please advise me that where do I download SAS/GRAPH for a reasonable graph quality. I am reading chapter no. 20 of his book.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Zulfiqar Ali

Zulfiqar_Ali
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your help. I appreciate. I downloaded the data. Thanks again.

Regards

Zulfiqar Ali

Zulfiqar_Ali
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you very much for your help. I got the data.. I will send a message if  I needed any help. Thanks again

Regards

Zulfiqar Ali

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation