BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bastrid
Calcite | Level 5

This is my question:

For the 100 users with the most friends, how much overlap is there in the reviews of these users with the reviews of their friends? (which means: what percentage of the reviews of the friends is about the same business(es) a user has reviewed?)  Make a nice plot to visualize this. The result should be a percentage for the top 100 users with the most friends.

I have two data sets that are given:

review data set with: user_id review_id business_id (multiple observations for one user) review_count

user data set with: user_id friends (list of friends separated by ,) number_friends

Can someone please help me, this is a school assignment but I'm stuck.

Thank you so much!! 

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

@bastrid wrote:

Thank you so much!! 

What are you stuck with and what part do you need help with? 

The visualization, figuring out the overlap, getting your data into SAS....I'm not going to do your homework so your request for help needs to be more specific and at least show an attempt of what you've done to solve the problem. 

For starters, simplify it to something where you can show us the data and what you want as output and what you've tried so far. 

Good Luck.

@bastrid wrote:

This is my question:

For the 100 users with the most friends, how much overlap is there in the reviews of these users with the reviews of their friends? (which means: what percentage of the reviews of the friends is about the same business(es) a user has reviewed?)  Make a nice plot to visualize this. The result should be a percentage for the top 100 users with the most friends.

I have two data sets that are given:

review data set with: user_id review_id business_id (multiple observations for one user) review_count

user data set with: user_id friends (list of friends separated by ,) number_friends

Thank you so much!! 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation