BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
emdags
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using proc mixed with a CS covariance parameter structure (Type=CS).  Please tell me how to use the output to calculate the Intraclass Correlation (ICC).  In the past I used Type=UN and the covariance parameter estimates would include the Intercept and Residual.  Now the covariance parameter estimates include the Variance, CS, and Residual. 

1.What do these three covariance parameter estimates (Variance, CS and Residual) refer to?

2. How can I calculate the ICC using them?

THANKS!!

Emily

3 REPLIES 3
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Check this: Examples: Mixed Procedure

It give detials of how to do this with example

Search within this example for keyward [intraclass correlation coefficient]

emdags
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much for the reply.  The link you sent details ICC calculations for CS covariance structures, but in the output does not have the three lines I mentioned:  Variance, CS, Residual

Are you familiar with any sources that detail calculating the ICC using these covariance parameters? 

Alternatively, is one of the three not used for calculating the ICC?

Thank you again!!

Emily

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

With TYPE=CS:

You can calulate ICC manually from the values in "Covariance Parameter Estimates" table as

ICC = Common Covariance Estimate /  (Residual Variance Estimate + Common Covariance Estimate)

Or use the RCORR option and let SAS to report the intraclass correlation coefficient in the "Estimated R Correlation Matrix"

REPEATED / SUBJECT=normalsubject TYPE=CS rcorr;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation