BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I want to comment in the editor

data null;                        |

set have;                        |

where datepart(time)=;   |

run;                                |

********************************;

How can I get to fill the edges with lines on both sides of the box???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You'll need to make sure you are using a monospace font, such as SAS Monospace, and no bolding within the lines otherwise any character base approach will be shifted just as your original post in this thread doesn't align vertically.

Once upon a time it would have been simple to enter using ALT and the numeric key pad to access the box drawing characters from the old IBM pc font set, but Windows seems to be short circuiting that approach. It seems like you need Unicode in the current enhanced program editor to get a vertical line character that woule work and I'm too lazy to figure an easy way to do that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Also how can I get  a solid line from top to down of the box instead of the dotted lines???

Thanks

ping
Fluorite | Level 6

you may use underscore /*______________________________________________*/

robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks. I wanted a vertical line for the sides!!!

Reeza
Super User

Think about your request in terms of a text editor. Only having what's on the keyboard how can you accomplish what you desire?

Please watch your caps and exclamation points, it implies tone.

! = exclamation, loud voice

!! = strong exclamation, shouting

!!! = all-caps, strong exclamation with loud shouting

!!!! = all-caps, loud, intense screaming

!!!!! = all-caps, the mother of all shouting/screaming/cursing

ballardw
Super User

You'll need to make sure you are using a monospace font, such as SAS Monospace, and no bolding within the lines otherwise any character base approach will be shifted just as your original post in this thread doesn't align vertically.

Once upon a time it would have been simple to enter using ALT and the numeric key pad to access the box drawing characters from the old IBM pc font set, but Windows seems to be short circuiting that approach. It seems like you need Unicode in the current enhanced program editor to get a vertical line character that woule work and I'm too lazy to figure an easy way to do that.

art297
Opal | Level 21

: if you are on windows, hold your alt key down, enter 124 using your numeric keypad, and then release the alt key.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I personally cannot stand that type of "boxed" comment blocks.

It is a waste of time and effort to create.  Detracts from the readability of the comments and makes it harder to edit the content of the comment.  Not to mention the number of hours wasted debugging programs only to discover there is an extra * or | out in column 150 that is invisible in the editor because it is off the screen.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 6 in conversation