BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NoArt
Calcite | Level 5

For obscure reason, the key binding CNTRL+F works one time and then does not work anymore, the search popup window no longer appears.

Concerning the CNTRL+H key binding, it does not work at all.

I saw on internet that there was a patch to fix this problem but only for sas 8.2.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kc941
Calcite | Level 5

I know this is an old post and resolved post but I found a working solution to the problem without having to reinstall SAS. Just follow the steps outlined in this link and CTRL + F as well as CTRL + H should work.

Problem Note 47355: CTRL+F might not work in SAS® Enterprise Guide®

Worked on my system. Windows 10, SAS EG 7.1.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NoArt
Calcite | Level 5

Further information:

There is no CTL-F in the key bindings menu (accessed via F9)

CTL-H is associated to the value HELP so that's why the Find and Replace function does not work but how can I change the value and which value is correct for the Find and Replace function?

art297
Opal | Level 21

Don't know if your screen name implies that neither I or ArtC should be responding, but I'll assume that isn't the case.

The question has been asked before, but I've never seen an answer.  The keys definitely appear to work in the enhanced editor for me at least.  Are you using the enhanced editor?  What version of SAS are you using and on which operating system?

You can assign numerous functions to keys by going to: tools->options->enhanced editor keys and, then, ensure that show all commands is checked.

Unfortunately, the simple find and replace aren't there.  I would definitely bring this up to tech support.  In fact, I would hope that they read these posts.

Interestingly, the find and replace keys aren't even described in the documentation.

Please do let the forum know what you discover.  The last time I've seen the issue raised was in the SAS-L thread that you discovered (concerning the V8 hotfix).

NoArt
Calcite | Level 5

No it is just that my name is Arnaud, in reverse it gives NaudAr and I transformed it in NoArt lol.

We are using SAS 9.2 2TM0, the thing is that in the enhanced editor indeed there is no find and replace and neither find function. I also read the documentation before posting and found nothing relevant to my problem.

My problem is only on one workstation, when you go to the enhanced editor, the CTRL+H for Find and Replace does not work anymore. And the CTRL+F key for the find function works only if we assigned a value to the CTRL+H key in Tools->Option->Enhanced Editor Key.

On the other workstations it works fine, no problem at all. I find that very very strange and I can't find a solution so I will try to re-install the software and I hope it will put everything back to normal.

Thanks for your answer.

art297
Opal | Level 21

When you are in the enhanced editor on that machine, if you click on edit, do the two options (i.e., find and replace) show up on the menu with the respective hotkeys identified (i.e., ctrl+f and ctrl+h)?

I think they may be window's specific, rather than SAS, thus someone may have altered the system's registry.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Here is something else you could try:

http://www.ietips.net/articles/find-ctrl-f-option-not-working-in-ie/

Let us know if that works!

NoArt
Calcite | Level 5

I finally reinstalled the SAS software and it resolved the problem.

Another mistery in the computing wolrd Smiley Happy

kc941
Calcite | Level 5

I know this is an old post and resolved post but I found a working solution to the problem without having to reinstall SAS. Just follow the steps outlined in this link and CTRL + F as well as CTRL + H should work.

Problem Note 47355: CTRL+F might not work in SAS® Enterprise Guide®

Worked on my system. Windows 10, SAS EG 7.1.

Cruise
Ammonite | Level 13
Thanks. It helped.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation