BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sridhar78
Calcite | Level 5

I learnt that SAS is one of the most powerful tools for data or business analysis.

It also have plenty of options or features to customize/code to get the required output.

But real life business problems may require quick solutions to know

1) top X customers

2) highest order value

3) frequently sold product

Are there in-built functions for filtering or sorting and getting the required results ? For instance name of the customer with highest revenues.

Is there a way I can use an in-built function and further customize it using code?

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Yes to all. Works different in the different SAS tools/applications.

If you are an existing SAS customer, what tools do you license?

If not, what kind of analysis do you need (conducted by whom, consumed by whom)?

Data never sleeps
sridhar78
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using SAS Ent. Guide 4.3.

Can I do sorting, filtering, regular stat or math calculations using menus?

kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Yes Sridhar,

You can perform sorting, filtering and many actions by Using Query builders in SAS EG with out writing any SAS Code.Even you can get the code from performed query builders as well.

Regards,

Sanjeev.K

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation