BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GKati
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I have 30+ variables called client1, client2, client3, etc. I would like to see a basic description of these variables (no of obs, mean, min, max, etc.) but using only one PROC command, so I don't have to type it up 30+ times. 

How would I do this efficiently?

Thanks, 

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Just to add @Kurt_Bremser, as they have not provided the dataset (as always), we are guessing that there is only those variables in there.  It may be simpler if there are other numeric variables to take:

proc means data=sashelp.class;
  var client:;
run;

Alkthough of course if there are other variables with client prefix then that is also a problem

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Like this?

ods select variables;
proc contents data = sashelp.cars;
run;
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Just to add @Kurt_Bremser, as they have not provided the dataset (as always), we are guessing that there is only those variables in there.  It may be simpler if there are other numeric variables to take:

proc means data=sashelp.class;
  var client:;
run;

Alkthough of course if there are other variables with client prefix then that is also a problem

GKati
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks for your help. I have other variables as well, but only those with the prefix client. 

K. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation