BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I need to install Base SAS on windows XP, can someone please tell me which product CD to load.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
From the SAS support website, here is a Quick Start document - you will need to use several CDs to install SAS. Also you will need your SAS Installation SID file for SETINIT information. From the document, step #5 reads:

5 "Locate the CD labeled SAS Setup Disk and insert it into the CD-ROM drive."

In case your CD install set is not labeled, the correct CD will have a file called setup.exe.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/the_sas_system/9.1.3_TS1M3/win/win/quickstart_bas...
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.
May be my question was not clear. So, I am all the SAS products (SMC, DI, Infomap, EMiner, CI Studio) installed on my Windows with a profile pointing to a Server.
But I also want to install SAS 9.1 (English) for practicing on SAS coding part. So, can someone help me in this regard.
Thanks
deleted_user
Not applicable
You find the cd name "SAS setup disk" cd or folder saved on your computer.
There will be an exe file called setup.exe click on it. It will open a wizard dialog, in that click on system requirement wizard and verify it. Though you have other sas products installed. Now click on "SAS foundation 9.1" link and you will be asked for next CD called "Software disk 1" after inserting it, the sas installation process will ask you subsequent CDs called "Software disk 2,3,4" and so on.

It will take at least 1+ hour to complete the installation. Do let me know if you need any other details.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I though Base SAS 9.1 can be installed using one CD or a folder, but I am surprised that we need to use so many CDs just to install Base SAS 9.1.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The install process may or may not require each of the install disks, depending on your particular computer system's environment level(s). For example, the install process requested the NLS (National Language Support) install disk is accessed during the install process, though it may be for minimal use/reference.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
speak to customer support and/or your SAS account executive, because I was provided a single DVD from which to install foundation-SAS (with perhaps one other cd for the systems requirements wizard).

PeterC

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation