BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
makset7
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello

I have a big problem with floating point overflow on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home.

A few days ago, I moved from the sas 9.2 2Mo W32_VSPRO on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home and when using proc neural I get an error floating point overflow.

The situation is so strange that the same program running on sas 9.2 2Mo W32_VSPRO on the same data does not appear this error.

For me it's so strange that sas corp allows himself to such errors.

I read all the posts about this problem on the forum but outside the installation fixa (for sas 9.4 doesn't have) have not found a specific than what I could use in my case.

Very very please help to repair this error.

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

You should contact tech support.

Proc Neural is one most people won't have access to test, which is also harder if you haven't included any code.

makset7
Obsidian | Level 7

program code and data are very personal

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Somebody in the   community might have encountered the same problem. Try posting there.

PG

PG
art297
Opal | Level 21

I agree that you should contact tech support. From my quick look at supported operating systems (see: SAS Supported Operating Systems, x64_8home doesn't appear to be on the list.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Go for SAS TS and give some feed-back. You had a program/data working once (old version).

With a newer SAS version fully supported Level A it dumps. As you are out of date not having the latest version I am expecting the answer: "you should upgrade"

Still a bad situation that with on going improvements with the SAs relases there are that many new bugs crashing programs once did run.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation