BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8

Just wondering if there is anyway of doing a proc compare (SAS 9.3) for very large datasets > 144m obs between data that is held on DB2 and SAS SPDS via the SAS/ACCESS DB2 Engine? Or is there a specific SAS product or other technique that could be utilised.

Thanks

G.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Its my understanding that the COMPARE procedure only runs in the SAS environment. What that means is when you reference a DB2 table with COMPARE the entire table (or subset if chosen) will be copied into SAS so that the comparison can happen.

I've used COMPARE with multi-million row tables easily without any problems but have not tried > 144m rows. In theory as long as you have the resources it should work OK. I suggest you give COMPARE a go first before trying anything else. Its a great tool that is not used as widely as it could be.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation