BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AndyTam
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, is there a way to automatically generate a pre-formatted XLSX?  The reason is that I need to set a timer to generate a XLSX.  Proc export is not useful because it is stripping the formatting; setting up a libref (libname ... xlsx) also seems to be a data-dump only.  Now, ODS has formatting, but I need to manually download the XLSX.  Is there some way to automate the downloading?  Thanks!

ods Excel file="&SASFolder.&FirstReport"
	style=Journal
	options(sheet_name="Data" frozen_headers="1");
proc print data=FirstReport noobs; run;
ods Excel close;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
What do you mean by manually download? That may be a limitation of your set up unfortunately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
What do you mean by manually download? That may be a limitation of your set up unfortunately.
AndyTam
Fluorite | Level 6
Actually ODS is already saving a formatted copy into my destination folder. I was asked to download it if I want to open it via EG. So it's an unrelated step.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can use the Copy Files task for this and automate in your flow.  Here -- I have a video tutorial (11 minutes within this much larger tutorial) that shows how to do this.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation