BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rockish
Calcite | Level 5
Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question. My question is this - I have been using SAS on z/OS for a while and we are trying to move towards SAS on Unix. We have been testing out the various features that we are using on Mainframes from the unix environment. One of the feature is to read VSAM files on mainframes. I am not able to replicate this to read the VSAM files on mainframes using SAS FTP from the SAS on Unix. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on how can I read the VSAM files from SAS on Unix.

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
jj030655
Calcite | Level 5
Try this

filename in1 FTP "FULLY.QUALIFIED.DATASETNAME.ON.THE.MAINFRAME" host='MainframeNameGoesHere' user="YourUserid" pass="YourPassword";
SASKiwi
PROC Star
What methods do you use to access VSAM mainframe files on z/OS? Do you use any of the FILENAME VSAM options? Unix SAS FILENAMEs will not know anything about these.

If you have SAS/CONNECT available on both z/OS and Unix you could use PROC DOWNLOAD instead after you have created a SAS dataset on z/OS from the VSAM file first.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation