BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sivaram97
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi all,

I've a small doubt while I'm learning sas. The doubt is "On which basis can we populate INTP value in __TESTCD variable"
Can you please explain.

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Sivaram97
Fluorite | Level 6

ballardw
Super User

@Sivaram97 wrote:
Hi all,

I've a small doubt while I'm learning sas. The doubt is "On which basis can we populate INTP value in __TESTCD variable"
Can you please explain.

Thanks in advance.

NO context. Are you asking about generic concept, specific code, wizard choices, menu to select transformations or what?

Any rules involved on when the __Testcd variable should be assigned value from a variable named INTP? or set the value of __Testcd to the explicit text value "INTP"? or something else.

Sivaram97
Fluorite | Level 6
I've data like below..

MOTESTCD | MOTEST | MOLOC |
------------------- |------------------------------|----------------|
INTP | INTERPRETATION | RECTUM |

Now my question is, how can we populate INTP in MOTESTCD and is there any rule to populate INTP in MOTESTCD...?
ballardw
Super User

Are you attempting to read an external text file that looks like that into SAS? Or do you already have a SAS data set?

If you have a dataset Please run Proc Contents on the data set and post the result. Best is to copy from the output window and paste into a code box opened on the forum using the {I} or "running man" icon to preserve formatting.

If you look at your post with the "data" you may see that it does not look like it did in SAS, assuming you copied that from the output window. So you can see what I mean about preserving formatting of text.

Sivaram97
Fluorite | Level 6
Actually I'm talking about SDTM...
According to CDISC we've some rules to map particular value in particular variable in a specific domain.
So I'm asking, is there any rule to map INTP in __TESTCD variable according to CDISC rules.
ballardw
Super User

@Sivaram97 wrote:
Actually I'm talking about SDTM...
According to CDISC we've some rules to map particular value in particular variable in a specific domain.
So I'm asking, is there any rule to map INTP in __TESTCD variable according to CDISC rules.

Suggest that you add CDISC to the Subject line of your post.

If you have run Proc CDISC code and gotten errors or unexpected output then posting log of that attempt may give someone that has an idea of what might be needed a starting point.

I can't help on this. I have no CDISC experience.

Hint: listing random variables as a subject does not define the procedure(s) you may be using.

Reeza
Super User
You've posted in the general programming section of the forum and users here come from all fields. If you're using a SAS Clinical software application there is a different subforum.

Unfortunately as posted your question doesn't provide enough context for most of us to help you. You could choose to generalize your problem and get help or try and find someone who understands your specific issue within one of the other subforums.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation