BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

hi all,

trying to import a  csv  file into pc sas.

Same code works  with other  people  here but does not  for me:

proc import datafile="\\xxx\yyy\zzz\aaa\bbb\x\y\z\temp.csv" dbms=dlm out=temp replace;

delimiter=","; getnames=yes; guessingrows=3500;

run;

errors:

NOTE: The infile '\\xxx\yyy\zzz\aaa\bbb\x\y\z\temp.csv is:

Filename=\\xxx\yyy\zzz\aaa\bbb\x\y\z\temp.csv,

RECFM=V,LRECL=32767,File Size (bytes)=38270,

NOTE: 0 records were read from the infile '\\xxx\yyy\zzz\aaa\bbb\x\y\z\temp.csv'

NOTE: The data set WORK.TEMP has 0 observations and 7 variables.

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

real time 0.02 seconds

cpu time 0.01 seconds

also  tried :

proc import datafile="\\xxx\yyy\zzz\aaa\bbb\x\y\z\temp.csv" dbms=csv out=temp replace;

guessingrows=3500;

run;

exactly same error.  I can import  excel  files .No problems....

Any hints  please?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21

Can you attach the first 3 records from that file? You say that others 'here' have been able to import the same file successfully. Are you and they using the same operating system?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Your platform is some kind of unix.

Are you sure you have the permission to the file? to the folder and all the subfolders?

Can you open the CSV file with other unix (AIX, linux) application ?

art297
Opal | Level 21

Can you attach the first 3 records from that file? You say that others 'here' have been able to import the same file successfully. Are you and they using the same operating system?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

I  can  import the same  file  from EG SAS(UNIX) but not  from PC SAS. We all use  Windows SAS and a  few of my  co-workers i spoke with can  easily open and  import this  file  from  pc sas. I can view it, i  have access to the  folder  where this file is placed and yet cannot  import it (0 records) . I even created  temp csv  files on my desktop   and same  problem,all seem  good  but  0 records  imported.

atttached  are a  few  records of that file

Thx

Tal
Pyrite | Level 9 Tal
Pyrite | Level 9

restarted my  pc and  now i can  import the  file  successfully,ughhh

sorry guys

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation