BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mixer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I receive below error when I try to run SAS IML. The SAS Depot folder was sharing on network. I tried to copy the SAS Depot folder to my local, removed IML and reinstalled it but no help. I am using Windows 10 64bits and Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11).

Untitled.png  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your input.

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Did you upgrade Win 10 with the Creators Update in the last month by any chance? There are known issues with this update, SAS 9.4 and Java with SAS failing with various Java errors.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/windows10-about-SAS9-4-ERROR-The-Java-child-process-te...

Mixer
Obsidian | Level 7
No, I did not update Windows 10 with the Creators Update. I tried to reinstall Java but still no help.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support.

Mixer
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry, I am new here. How do I do that?
Mixer
Obsidian | Level 7

I just saw it too. Thank you anyway.

Ksharp
Super User

You don't have to use IML studio. you can write IML code at normal sas code editor, as long as you have license of IML .

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You are running a 64-bit operating system.  The error message indicates that you are trying to run a 32-bit JRE.

Under normal conditions, if you order a version of SAS for 64-bit Windows, it will not try to launch a 32-bit JRE from the x86 folder. 

Therefore something is wrong, perhaps related to when you "tried to copy the SAS Depot folder to my local [machine]"

When you contact Technical Support, please include information about what you copied and from where. Make sure that you are installing a 64-bit version of SAS. If you want SAS/IML Studio, you also need to install that client component.

Mixer
Obsidian | Level 7

I just got a confirmation from Support that SAS 9.4 TS1M2 is NOT supported on Windows 10. I guess I need  to update to M3. Thanks everyone.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation