BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tbanh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm reading Rick's book on Statistical Programming using IML. I've gotten to the part about using IML Studio. However, I have trouble "accessing" it. I have checked the documentation and I'm licensed to use SAS IML. I'm using SAS 9.4. That should suffice, correct? Below is some code from the book I have tried to use in the editor:

proc iml;
call randseed(12345);
x = j(100,1);
e = j(100,1);
call randgen(x, "Uniform");
call randgen(e, "Normal");

beta = {2,3};
d = j(100,1,1) || x;
y = d*beta + e;

create MyData var {"x" "y"};
append;
close MyData;

submit;
proc glm data = MyData;
	model y = x;
	ods output ParameterEstimates = PE;
run;
endsubmit;
quit;

However, the submit and endsubmit statements are red, which I assume means those are not supported?

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

No, red means that those statements are not recognized by the program editor's syntax coloration. I believe that those statemnts were added back in SAS 9.22, which shipped in 2010. If you have SAS 9.3 or later, those functions should work fine, even if they are colored red. 

tbanh
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there anything I need to add to run IML Studio?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, read p 10-11 in the book. You can also follow these directions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation