BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GehadElsayed123
Calcite | Level 5

i want to simulate ,  the in-control performance of the Phase I T2 chart is evaluated when the missing values are estimated by each of
the four handling methods; MSS, EM, RG and SRG. We consider  the historical sample m (m=20), of size
n=1, five values for the percent of missing value k% (k% = 1%,), three values for the number of quality
characteristics p (2, 3 and 5) and four values for the correlation coefficient r(r = 0, ,). Similar conclusions from other
simulations (not shown here) are obtained when different values of p and r are considered. The value of h that produces an overall
probability of a false alarm a = 0.05, when full data is assumed, was computed using 20,000 simulation runs. Table I presents these
values of h according to the number of variables p and the number of samples m. Notice that these control limits do not depend on
the variance–covariance structure since they are calculated based on full data sets.

i do this code but i don't complete it , there are some errors 

so i do not know how i solve it . 

6 REPLIES 6
pau13rown
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

can you be more specific about the problem you're having. Have you read Rick Wicklin?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

there are some errors

Show us the SASLOG with the errors. Click on the {i} icon and paste the relevant parts of the SASLOG into there. 

--
Paige Miller
GehadElsayed123
Calcite | Level 5

i want to simulate ,  the in-control performance of the Phase I T2 chart is evaluated when the missing values are estimated by each of
the four handling methods; MSS, EM, RG and SRG. We consider  the historical sample m (m=20), of size
n=1, five values for the percent of missing value k% (k% = 1%,), three values for the number of quality
characteristics p (2, 3 and 5) and four values for the correlation coefficient r(r = 0, ,). Similar conclusions from other
simulations (not shown here) are obtained when different values of p and r are considered. The value of h that produces an overall
probability of a false alarm a = 0.05, when full data is assumed, was computed using 20,000 simulation runs. Table I presents these
values of h according to the number of variables p and the number of samples m. Notice that these control limits do not depend on
the variance–covariance structure since they are calculated based on full data sets.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@GehadElsayed123:

Why don't you continue the thread that you started six days ago with the identical text and (up to blank lines) identical attachment in the appropriate forum for SAS/IML? Respected experts asked you questions there and are awaiting your answers.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with this, although I like doing simulations with SAS. But I haven't been using SAS/IML for a long time and your request is unclear. For example, your (copied-and-pasted?) text mentions "five values for the percent of missing value", but specifies only one ("1%"). Same with the "four values for the correlation coefficient". The reference to "Table I" is useless as there is no such table shown in your post, nor in the attachment.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Many times the key to a successful simulation study is knowing how to generate one simulated sample before you try to simulate 10,000 samples. In your case, before you loop over a grid of parameters, know how to do each simulation separately. For example

Handling method=MSS  (?what is this?)

Percent of missing value = 1%

quality characteristics p=3

and correlation coefficient r = 0.5

Only after you can successfully generate 1 sample for these conditions, should you attempt 20,000.

If you get stuck, post the code along with a verbal explanation of what the "handling method" is and what you mean by "quality characteristics".

GehadElsayed123
Calcite | Level 5

the four handling methods; MS=mean substitution , EM=the EM algorithm , RG =regression imputation and SRG=stochastic regression imputation . We consider  the historical sample m (m=20), of size
n=1, one value for the percent of missing value k% (k% = 1%,), one value for the number of quality
characteristics p (2, ) and one value for the correlation coefficient r(r = 0, ,). 
 The value of h= ucl  that produces an overall  probability of a false alarm a = 0.05, when full data is assumed, was computed using 20,000 simulation runs. Table I presents these

i do this code but i don't complete it , there are some errors , i want to know ,how to solve theses errors ?      

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation