BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bernhard
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All

From the following thread https://communities.sas.com/message/140502 I understand that under Windows (in my case Win7 Enterprise 64-bit) the maximum size of a single matrix in SAS IML is 2GB.

I can initialize several 268435448x1 matrices without problems (it seems there is a need for 64 special bits since 268435448=2*1024^3-64).

At the end of the thread it is mentioned that SAS is trying to increase that limit in future releases. I was wondering if there are any news about that? What is the limit in SAS 9.4 and IML 13.1?

I know that I can probably alter my algorithm(s) to work with smaller matrices (probably by thinking a bit about it and using smarter programming or possibly via splitting up the data and iterating), still I am curious and would appreciate if that limit could be increased.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The matrix size limits are unchanged for SAS/IML 13.1, which is the latest release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The matrix size limits are unchanged for SAS/IML 13.1, which is the latest release.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

That size limit does not apply to SAS/IML 14.1 and beyond. See the article "Large matrices in SAS/IML 14.1."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation