BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rbettinger
Pyrite | Level 9

I want to create a SAS/IML library that allows users to load modules and execute them but restricts the modules from being opened so that the code can be inspected. I don't want users to "add value" to what I have done because such potential changes to my code may not be useful and may introduce errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think you are worrying about a problem that doesn't exist. SAS/IML modules are not stored as text files. The documentation for modules states "Modules are stored in the form of their compiled code."  You can find the name of the modules, but a user cannot read the underlying source code. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think you are worrying about a problem that doesn't exist. SAS/IML modules are not stored as text files. The documentation for modules states "Modules are stored in the form of their compiled code."  You can find the name of the modules, but a user cannot read the underlying source code. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation