BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi folks, 

We've just installed R 3.6.3, downloaded from CRAN project site,  on our SAS Linux server (running RedHat). After the R installation was completed, we tested the R installation through R commands and works fine. 

We added the RLANG command and the R_HOME on sasv9.cfg. We verified the path for R_HOME using R.home() command. 

After that, we tried to validate if we could call and execute R through SAS EG using:

proc iml;
  submit/r; 
  endsubmit;
quit;

The following errors occurs:

ERROR: SAS could not initialize the R language interface.

ERROR: The R shared library could not be loaded: /usr/local/lib64/R/lib/libR.so

Any help?

Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks. We installed R again using "--enable-R-shlib=yes" option on configuration. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I think the issue is still in your definition of the R_HOME variable. You should use the Linux "export" command. In the past, I have successfully installed R on Linux using yum and I used the following export command:

export R_HOME=/usr/lib64/R

Will you try that?

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks. We installed R again using "--enable-R-shlib=yes" option on configuration. 

Regards,

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation