BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Alex90
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick

I want to find the partial sum of a process ut . The partial sum is defined as :

St=∑ uj

Lower bound for series : j=1

Upper bound for series : t

t= 1,2,...,300

I have no idea how to do this in Proc Iml.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Half the battle (and fun!) of programming is reading the doc and trying out ideas to see what works.  Give it a try; it's the best way to learn.  You might also want to investigate the colon operator (:).

If you are new to SAS/IL, try these tips for beginners.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Please direct your questions to the list.

I think the CUSUM function does what you want.

Alex90
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to IMl , so i have no idea how to use that function .Can you write the whole program for me if it is possible ?

Regards

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Half the battle (and fun!) of programming is reading the doc and trying out ideas to see what works.  Give it a try; it's the best way to learn.  You might also want to investigate the colon operator (:).

If you are new to SAS/IL, try these tips for beginners.

Alex90
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Rick

Thank you very much for your assist. I get the answer. I also want to thank you for your encouragement . I think i am getting more interested in IML by doing solving this problem myself and with your excellent function.

Best Regards

Hossein

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Hurray! Congratulations.  Well done!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation