BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I am trying to import a CSV file using proc import. I have 2 variables in the CSV, one is numeric and other one is character which has values of lengths from 6-30 characters. I am able to create a sas dataset successfully, but the character variable's values are getting truncated. Does any one know how to fix this/how to change the variable length in proc import so that the values in the external file wont get truncated after importing it. I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Pallavi.
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
A search on support.sas.com with the string
IMPORT truncated

reveals this note
http://support.sas.com/kb/17/778.html

which may be relevant to your issue. If you have tried the techniques in this note, without success, your next stop should be to open a track with SAS Tech Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you very much Cynthia, that worked for me. I really appreciate ur reply.
krishcode
Calcite | Level 5

this page has been disabled,can you please suggeset some other link .

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Or, try the search that Cynthia sugested. There is lot halo provided on support.sas.com.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation