BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tarheel13
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Can anyone chime in if supine, standing, etc needs to be taken into account for ABLFL? or is it always last non missing value before treatment start within subject and parameter? Supine, standing, is collected in VSPOS variable. 

2 REPLIES 2
pblls
Calcite | Level 5

It depends. For some parameters it definitely matters and I wouldn't pool positions if I can avoid it, but the real question is what was specified/asked for in the first place. If you didn't tell the assessor they should measure a specific position, you might always get a mix and possibly not even have something that qualifies for baseline in the desired position. In that case it could be preferable to use the 'wrong' position rather than not having a baseline at all. Or your medic may not care about (differences in) position at all in the first place, and you can just ignore it. Or there might've been a specific instruction to collect several positions at each time point and you have to keep these separate in the analysis, or...

I would ask the clinician in charge.

tarheel13
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

the usual definition of ABLFL is last non missing value within a parameter and subject prior to treatment start. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation