BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Please provide the commands you are running in the scheduler.

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

"sample.bat" file i have created with the following information below:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAS\Enterprise Guide 4\SEGuide.exe" -SYSIN \\duk2csr0026\cm\wns\Test\TEST_SA\Merging1.sas -NOSPLASH -ICON -PRINT \\duk2csr0026\cm\wns\Test\TEST_SA\test.lst –LOG \duk2csr0026\cm\wns\Test\TEST_SA\test.log

and attached this with the windows7 scheduler to run.

scheduler commands are : ----

Create basic task - name & descripiton

Trigger - Daily & time to run

Action - start a program

Program/script - browsed and attached

Finish.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can't run EGuide that way.  If you want to run EGuide on a schedule, select file --> schedule from inside EGuide.

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

i am working on sas 9.1 with the EG version of 4.1 and couldnt found anything

select file --> schedule from inside EGuide.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

here is an EGuide 5.1 image.  If you can't find something similar in your version, call SAS Tech Support.

7-17-2013 10-53-43 AM.png

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

i couldnt found any such option under File->schedule project however there is one option in Tools->schedule project . is this is the same ?

and how to use it.

thanks

sunny

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Since I no longer have that version, I can only suggest that you read the help or call tech support.

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

ok i'll do and will get back to you on this further. thanks for your help !!

nathan_och
Calcite | Level 5

I too, am having an issue scheduling in SAS. I go to file -> Schedule Project and everything seems to set up fine. However, the project runs but without actually running the process flow within SAS. Here is what I am using to schedule the task:

Program/Script - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe

Add Arguments - "E:\Documents\CareCall\GCI\GCIF\EGScript4.vbs"

Start in - E:\Documents\CareCall\GCI\GCIF

Like I said, the tasks starts and ends without a hitch, but the process flow isn't executed and files are not updated.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You probably want to call tech support.  I just created and ran a test project on my desktop and it ran fine

Win 7-64, SAS 9.3 TS1M2 (32 bit), EGuide 5.1

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 in conversation