BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rogerotto
Calcite | Level 5

working on CMS-HCC risk-adjustment model using SAS programs obtained from the government.

included are two SAS Transport files.  one contains a format library (F2419P1M) and the other (C2419P1M) contains relative coefficients for 9 regression models.

I am not a SAS user.

I need to have these two files converted to ascii files (.txt) so I can read and understand the SAS programs and macros also contained in the CMS download files.

I have downloaded SAS Universal Viewer but that does not seem to have the content of these files.

what other options might I have?

if someone can download the attached and convert for me that would be great!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I downloaded your .zip. expanded it in my myfolders directory, and ran this code in University Edition:

libname myfolder '/folders/myfolders';

proc cimport
  infile="/folders/myfolders/DI_SAS/F2419P1M"
  lib=myfolder
;
run;

proc cimport
  infile="/folders/myfolders/DI_SAS/C2419P1M"
  lib=myfolder
;
run;

proc export
  data=myfolder.c2419p1m
  file='/folders/myfolders/c2419p1m.csv'
  dbms=csv
;
run;

proc transpose
  data=myfolder.c2419p1m
  out=myfolder.transposed
;
var _numeric_;
run;

proc export
  data=myfolder.transposed
  file='/folders/myfolders/tranposed.csv'
  dbms=csv
;
run;

I attached the two csv files resulting. The formats in the format catalog are not used in the dataset.

SRienstra
Calcite | Level 5

Would you be willing to repeat the process for C2419P1M from this file CMS-HCC and D2117P6R from the ESRD file? CMS has updated to HCC v24, so the prior file you extracted doesn't include all of the current weights.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation