BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5
[cross posted to SAS-L]

Anyone here using SAS/Connect and SAS/Access to ODBC to connect to MIDAS+ from a 64-bit Windows server?

We're setting up a new SAS server and having a hard time getting the connection to work. If I get directly on the server via remote desktop, a libname statement works. If I rsubmit that same libname statement from my PC, it won't work for 5-15 minutes. I sit here and every 2-3 minutes resubmit the libname and eventually it goes through.

We have install the 64-bit KB_SQL driver and created a system DSN for MIDAS. We're also in touch with tech support, but I thought I'd try here too.

MIDAS is a Cache backend if anyone has thoughts on that...
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Jen

I'm afraid I can't help you with your question but I am interested in Cache. It sounds like Midas is an Intersystems Cache system. In fact you are the only reference I could find to Cache in the SAS database. I have used mainframe SAS for years and I find myself in a new job in a Cache shop with no one using it. My hope is to increase my knowledge of SAS and Cache and possibly introduce it, if it proves to be as useful as I think it could be. If you are willing to provide me with any help or advice in this area my email is ericwolff@wolffworks.com.

In any case, thanks for reading this.

eric

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation