BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rj
Obsidian | Level 7 rj
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey guys! how do we conduct Medical Expenditure Panel Survey data analysis using SAS 9.4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
PROC LOGISTIC or SURVEYLOGISTIC are the procs you're interested in. I think you need to break down your problem and solve it step by step.
1. Get data (you mentioned procuring MEPS data)
2. Univariate analysis - use proc means/surveymeans and/or proc freq/surveyfreq. You can't really get more simple than those procs.
3. Graph your data where ever possible to visualize relationships
4. Modelling such as logistic regression

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
There isn't a standard proc, you need to determine what your question is and then what type of analysis you want to do. Then you can find a proc that will perform that analysis.
rj
Obsidian | Level 7 rj
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to ascertain the direct medical cost burden of diabetes in obese medicare beneficiaries in usa, are there any specific  sas  procs that can help me procure data from MEPS file, i tried using the proc surveyfreq and proc surveymeans but i'm not able to interpret the data that i get from results, are there any other procs which can help me get simpler data or simpler results which are easy to interpret?

rj
Obsidian | Level 7 rj
Obsidian | Level 7

the type of analysis being conducted here is logistic regression

Reeza
Super User
PROC LOGISTIC or SURVEYLOGISTIC are the procs you're interested in. I think you need to break down your problem and solve it step by step.
1. Get data (you mentioned procuring MEPS data)
2. Univariate analysis - use proc means/surveymeans and/or proc freq/surveyfreq. You can't really get more simple than those procs.
3. Graph your data where ever possible to visualize relationships
4. Modelling such as logistic regression
rj
Obsidian | Level 7 rj
Obsidian | Level 7

thanks a ton!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation