BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hello_there
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have an interview for a pharmaceutical company and part of the process is that I will get some brain teaser puzzles, and will be asked to see how much I know about SAS. 

I'm in my last year of my undergrad, and was wondering what should I know about the pharma if they ask me about it. What do SAS programmers and statisticians do in Pharma? 

Also, what are some SAS functions I can expect to be tested on? For example, my one friend said that they ask about PROC SORT, FORMAT, and TRANSPOSE. Anything else I should know? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my opinion SAS quizzes aren't helpful in testing SAS knowledge and experience. These tend to be very narrow in scope and it is very much hit and miss as to whether you have used that functionality so can answer the question.

Of much more use, is getting a candidate to describe the sorts of tasks or projects they have used SAS for and how he/she overcame some of the difficulties faced to successfully complete them.

I've never worked in pharma, but from what I understand it involves a lot of data preparation - reading in data, checking for errors, transforming it to prepare for analysis. If you have experience using SAS for this then make a point of emphasising it.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation