BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Miracle
Barite | Level 11
Dear All,
My apologies that this is not a SAS question.
But I'm wondering if anyone is able to explain to me on how exposure-adjusted event rate is calculated? Especially the denominator. Is the denominator the sum of differences between treatment start date and discontinuation/completion date from all patients?
Thanking you in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Where did you read about exposure-adjusted event rate?

Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Hi @ChrisNZ . 

From clinicaltrials.gov.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Moving the post to the health community hoping you'll get an answer there.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Just do a google search and you'll get the answer. Lex Jansen has a nice article on it.
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @ChrisNZ for your reply.
I can see many on exposure-adjusted incidence rate only.
Would you mind to share me the link specifically for exposure-adjusted event rate please?

Thanks in advance.

MelissaM
Obsidian | Level 7

MelissaM_0-1622272237596.png

The only (and I mean only) reference to that term that I located is in a SAP.

Therefore, I would not put much credibility into it's validity. But here you go.Link to a single SAP from ClinTrials.gov 

Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @MelissaM.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation