BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dipanjan
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I am building binary logistic regression models of hospitalization(yes/no) in SAS. Now I had some categorical predictors as well as some continuous.

As SAS allows to keep them all in analysis so I kept them. But the problem is I don't know if there is any specification about the design for categorical predictors. I read somewhere that GLM coding is useful to keep balance in the design and so I used this. The design sructure is in the image attached. I know my problem is purely statistical but it may ultimately help end users like me.

Is there any specification about the design?

Thanking-
Dipanjan

Attached Images
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What you are looking for is the PARAM option on the CLASS statement.  The documentation has how it is coded and interpreted.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation