19/09/1989
19/08/1989
;
i want the difff between two dates
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The difference between dates on each observation??? You might investigate the LAG function.

cynthia
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
If you want all possible difference between the dates, you can use PROC SQL and do an outer join of x to x (This is often called a Cartesian Product).

*untested code;
PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE AllDiff AS
SELECT a.date as date1,
b.date as date2,
Diff as date1-date1
FROM x AS a
OUTER JOIN x AS b;
QUIT;
RUN;
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You may want to explore the SAS DATA STEP functions INTCK and also INTNX; the latter function can be helpful with generating DATE and DATETIME variable values, based on other variables. For example, you can use a DATA STEP DO/END loop to generate (OUTPUT) SAS observations for each date value in a date-range, say for the past 12 months or 26 weeks.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
after create the data x;
data y;
retain diff 0 old 0 date 0;
old=date;
set x;
diff=date-old;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation