BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sassygrl
Calcite | Level 5
I am running an event notification report 3x per week. I would like to automate the process as much as possible. I have a "current data" library and a "previous data" library. After generating the report, I would like to copy data from the "current data" library into the "previous data" library. Can I do so without changing the "date modified" of the datasets? I have tried both Proc Copy and Proc Datasets.

Second question: The current data is downloaded from FTP (Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006) as a zip file, unzipped, and placed into my "current data" library. Is there a way to automate this within SAS?

Thank you very much!
2 REPLIES 2
sassygrl
Calcite | Level 5
A co-worker pointed me to the "datecopy" option, as in:

proc copy in=curr out=prev datecopy; run;

But for some reason that didn't work for me. Any idea why?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello sassygrl.

You can copy the data without changing the date modified of the datasets. You can automate a batch file to run through windows task scheduler to xcopy the files on a regular basis. START > RUN > cmd > ENTER. type: xcopy / help . This will give you an idea of how to use xcopy.

Once you understand how xcopy works you can test it by writing the command in a .txt file and then saving the file with a .bat extension. Just double click on the .bat file to run the script.

Cheers.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation