BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PabloNogueras
Obsidian | Level 7

Hola All,

Let begin a list of good, interesting, or other adjectively enhanced restaurants in the DC, Northern VA, or Southern MD area.

Go.

Hasta

Pablo

11 REPLIES 11
SAS_DataRich
Obsidian | Level 7

Here is a list of restaurants that were given to me.

• Carmin
  • Old Ebbit Grill
  • Jaleo
  • Clyde’s
  • Tony and Joe’s Seafood
  • BLT Steak
  • Officina Mi Vida
  • Hamilton and Farmers
  • Fishers and Bakers
  • Sequoia

I am hoping to at least try Old Ebbit Grill.  I haven't researched yet how close they are to the hotels.  That is on my to do list within the next month.

brieboothby
SAS Employee

I'm from the area and these are all good recommendations! I also love District Taco although it's more fast casual.

ncscott
SAS Employee

Old Ebbitt is AWESOME!

KA123
Calcite | Level 5

In addition, how about a list for DC since we're going to be there for GF.   🙂

PabloNogueras
Obsidian | Level 7

What....it is not in South Carolina...Robot Embarassed

SAS_DataRich
Obsidian | Level 7
LOL - I did not even notice it said 'SC' instead of 'DC'.
CatTruxillo
SAS Employee
I'd love to find a great vegetarian place or 2 near the convention center-any recommendations? All I eat these days is plants, plants, plants!
louisehadden
Quartz | Level 8

Busboys and Poets (DC, MD, VA) --- has several locations and vegan selections

Sticky Fingers  (DC) -- all vegan, good for breakfast   (Farewell, which I've never been to, is owned by Sticky Fingers and is a vegan restaurant.)

Yuan Fu (Rockville MD) -- vegan Chinese restaurant

Das Ethiopian

Rasika (indian)

BryanBarbera
Explorer | Level 4

I use a app called HappyCow, it is a great way to find vegan restaurants in a new place.  You can select vegan, vegetarian and vegan-options.

littleleaf2
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for sharing. Will give  a try.

bedzekim
Calcite | Level 5

I second the nomination of Jaleo ... https://www.jaleo.com/location/washington-dc/

If you do eat at Jaleo, try the "Pan de cristal con tomate" ... so good, one reason is that José Andrés gets the bread flown in from Barcelona.

But skip dessert there and walk (<10 minutes) to Central on Pennsylvania Ave for either Michel's Chocolate Bar (named after Michel Richard) or the Chocolate Mousse. Also, you could always eat at Central ... http://www.centralmichelrichard.com/. , though that recommendation comes from someone who has had the same thing every time ... the cheeseburger with bacon, it's way beyond the whopper or quarter-pounder.

One more, Estadio, 20 minute walk from the convention center:  http://estadio-dc.com/. Tapas menu and yes, you can get a bowl of mini-chorizos ... Roasted Baby Chorizos & Potato Crisps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 10 in conversation