BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndrewHowell

Ok:
- Arrive Friday afternoon, recover 20+ hour flight jetlag ASAP.

- Saturday day: Look around central area. (Any further suggestions anyone?)

- Saturday ev.: Ice hockey

- Sunday morning: Look around, maybe hire a bike by the river?

- Sunday a'noon: Baseball

- Sun ev - Wed am: SGF, LOTS of SGF..

Question for post-SGF: Recommendations for Rockies sightseeing, please? Is mid-April too soon to hire a car to go sightseeing & casual hiking in the nearby Rockies? (We don't ski.) Would love to drive up the Mount Evans Scenic Byway & Summit Lake but suspect road may still be closed. Estes Park maybe?

Thanks.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

@MelodieRush lived in the area for a while. I bet she has some insight that can help!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
MelodieRush
SAS Employee
I doubt the high country will be hikeable in April unless you have snow shoes. My husband and I are planning to check Rocky Mountain National Park and Chautauque Park in Boulder to do some hiking while we are there. Chautauque is more likely not to have snow than Rocky Mountain National Park. Both are beautiful. Check both websites before you go and there will be information on what is open and what isn't. Also I would bet Mount Evans and Summit Lake will still be closed this early in April, but its worth checking in case it has been a dry and warm April in CO.

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

SAS' own @GraphGuy has written a fabulous blog post, highlighting some of the cool things to see and do in Denver. I know you'll all be super busy at the conference, but I hope you'll find a little time for fun.

Do you have other ideas to add to Robert's list?

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

If memory serves, 16th street Mall is just a block down California or Stout with many businesses.  It also has a free bus up and down the street.

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

You are correct. 16th street is just a block away and there is a free bus to take you from one end to the other.

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

BBO
Pyrite | Level 9 BBO
Pyrite | Level 9
Looks like there are a number of good places at the 16th street mall to grab a bite. Thanks for the tip.

AndrewHowell

Ice hockey game Sat 7th - Colorado Avalanche v. St Louis Blues.

IMM
Calcite | Level 5 IMM
Calcite | Level 5

YES  - got tickets to the game, this will be my first NHL game, really looking forward to it.

LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

For those interested in baseball, the Colorado Rockies are home before and during the conference. Coors Field is downtown (walkable).

Sunday's game is at 1:00. Hoping to making it (as long as flight is on time and weather is somewhat decent. It's been a number of years since I have been there. But it's a pretty nice park from what I can remember.

Stephen
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm a long time Rockies fan and have never been to Coors field. There are two evening games on Monday and Tuesday. I'm definitely planning on going to one or both. Smiley Happy

PabloNogueras
Obsidian | Level 7

Playing the Atlanta Braves all weekend. 

Love to mix Baseball and SAS Global Forum.  It helps me with my bucket list item of visiting every ball park.

Hasta

Pablo

AndrewHowell

Ice hockey Saturday night & baseball Sunday afternoon are definitely on the list!

Having never been to either game before - any suggestions on where best/worst to sit (within reasonable budget)?

agparsons
Fluorite | Level 6

I am planning to visit the York center at the Botanical gardens, admission is free on Sunday April 8th 

Also, will try to fit in a stop at The Black American West Museum and Heritage Center. It’s a small museum that celebrates the history of Black cowboys, miners and Buffalo Soldiers .

PabloNogueras
Obsidian | Level 7

Food Wise it seems one can google best places to eat, best restaurants, etc in Denver.  Food Network has choices from the shows Diners, Dives, and Drives and Best Think I ever Ate.

Hasta

Pablo