BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
knoxkooley
Fluorite | Level 6

So I'm wondering, who all is flying / riding a motorcycle down from Canada? I'm trying to get a feel on who all the rowdies will be. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
hochsg
Calcite | Level 5
Hi

Kayla and I will be coming from Edmonton, AB .. woohooo
Bogusval
Fluorite | Level 6

Coming from Ottawa my first time should be neat to see.

knoxkooley
Fluorite | Level 6
We have rep from Alberta and rep from ‎Ontario. What are you all most excited to see?
art297
Opal | Level 21

I won't be at the conference but, since your topic was Canadian Content, my co-authors will be presenting two papers that share Canadian, American and Austrian authorship:

Excelling to Another Level with SAS®
4:30 pm, Monday, April 9, 2018 Meeting Room 503
https://github.com/FriedEgg/Papers/tree/master/Excelling_to_Another_Level_with_SAS/doc

and

An Easier and Faster Way to Untranspose a Wide File
10:00 am, Tuesday, April 10, 2018 Meeting Room 502
https://github.com/gerhard1050/Untranspose-a-Wide-File

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Bogusval
Fluorite | Level 6

I am really not sure what to expect....but I am excited to see so much SAS all in one place. 

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Here are a few that I know about:

Peter Eberhardt:

Get Better Weight of Evidence for Scorecards by Using a Genetic Algorithm
(with Matthew Kastin)
E-Poster #5
Monday, April 9, 1:30 PM-2:00 PM

Navigating through Code with the DATA Step Debugger
(with Mina Chen)
Hands-on Workshop
Tuesday, April 10, 12:00 PM-12:45 PM

The Baker Street Irregulars Investigate: Discoveries Using Perl Regular Expressions and SAS®
(with Lisa Mendez)
Hands-on Workshop
Tuesday, April 10, 2:00 PM-3:30 PM

Marje Fecht:

Easing into Data Exploration, Reporting, and Analytics Using SAS® Enterprise Guide®
Hands-on Workshop
Monday, April 9, 1:00 PM-1:45 PM

Finding and Generalizing a "Best Before" Date
Breakout Session
Monday, April 9, 4:00 PM-5:00 PM

ptimusk
Obsidian | Level 7

I had to withdraw my paper this year as my company won't send me this year and the paper was very work dependent but I managed to afford the trip anyways from Ottawa. I learn an incredible amount each year and reinforce many coding concepts by attending papers sessions. I spend a fair amount of time in the Quad too, meeting the partners and sponsors and talking to the product reps of SAS.

Rowdie perhaps? Or may be rowdy? No just genuinely enthusiastic.

I had to look that up.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rowdie

A rowdie is a person who doesn't know how to have fun. The name is ironic because if someone starts to get a little rowdy, they get offended.
I can't believe he called the cops because we were waving flags...What a rowdie!
by Adubs91 July 16, 2014

nbrucken
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm from Michigan, which is almost to Canada, and my co-author is a Canadian native living in Kentucky.  We're presenting "Seeing the Forest for the Trees:  Part Deux of Defensive Coding by Example" on Tuesday from 3:00-3:20 PM.

Nancy