BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mbuchecker
Quartz | Level 8

First job: concession stand woker at local Drive-In theater 

After collge: SAS programmer for IBM reading SMF data for 28 networked mainframes) 

Today: training others 

Learn Next: I've discovered that whatever it seems like I should learn next always has a way of finding me.

Michelle
MMMIIIIKKKKEEEE
Obsidian | Level 7

All,

My first job was Static Discharge Tester at a sweater factory.  The pay wasn't good, but I got a charge out of it.  Man, was I glad when they upgraded from wool to raylon.

All kidding aside, the Busboy to Software Developer fits me to a tee; as if it was custom made for my situation.  Thanks Beverly!

Best of luck in all your SAS endeavors!

----MMMMIIIIKKKKEEEE
(aka Michael A. Raithel)
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Michael-A.-Raithel/e/B001K8GG90/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
jmhorstman
Obsidian | Level 7

@MMMMIIIIKKKKEEEE wrote:

Man, was I glad when they upgraded from wool to raylon.

You must have been ex-static!  Smiley Very Happy

MMMIIIIKKKKEEEE
Obsidian | Level 7

Awesome!  That clever comment made my night!

Best of luck in all your SAS endeavors!

----MMMMIIIIKKKKEEEE
(aka Michael A. Raithel)
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Michael-A.-Raithel/e/B001K8GG90/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
pluviosilla
Fluorite | Level 6

First Job:  Selling fireworks.

After University: UNIX systems programmer doing bug fixes of the AIX kernel for IBM.

Today: Manager of near-shore web application development team and Excel VBA consultant.

Learn Next:  Just finished Udacity Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree and I'm looking for volunteer opportunities as a SAS statistical programmer. Never did as much statistics work as I wanted early in my career. Hoping to make a change (switch) but it is tough to get the resume bullets I need to launch.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 14 in conversation