BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
angieh
SAS Employee

If you are a SAS Administrator and interested in metadata and file system security, I encourage you to attend my SAS Global Forum presentation today at 3:30pm - "Getting Started with Designing and Implementing a SAS 9.4 Metadata and File System Security Design".  We will discuss security design best practices used by U.S. SAS Consulting.  I've also attached a starter metadata security design template which is a supplement to my paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0709-2017.pdf .  It appears I can't attach a Visio document to this post, so email me directly if you would like the .vsd or .vsdx version of the attachment.

Hope to see you there!

- Angie

Angie.Hedberg@sas.com

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @angieh, Angie,

many thanks for sharing your experiences and best practices with all of us. I am sure it will be very useful to all of us.

I also found it very clear and easy to understand and to implement. The popular Danish Golden rules are excellent guidelines, although I also found they are hard to understand to many colleagues. Your steps provide all the good by saving the time-for-understanding part. 

I had the priviledge to attended your presentation, and your contribution in the SUGA panelist, although I missed the opportunity to have 5 min to speak with you. Maybe next year's? We shall see.

PS. Also many thanks to @MichelleHomes for the social media promotion!

Best,

Juan

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @JuanS_OCS - Lots of great info to share!!! Smiley Happy

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 in conversation