BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dids
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to simulate a transfer model in SAS. I am able to simulate the independent x variable using code provided by sas documentation for a  , which is an ARIMA(0,1,1)

title1 'Simulated IMA(1,1) Series';
data a;
  x1 = 0.9; a1 = 0;
  do i = -50 to 100;
     a = rannor( 32565 );
     x = x1 + a - .8 * a1;
     if i > 0 then output;
     a1 = a;
     x1 = x;
  end;
run;

but when it comes to simulating the dependent variable y; I start having problems, I have specific values I want for an intercept, numerator, scale and denominator, and including the simulated x variable.i.e

thes.JPG 

Would anyone have any ideas?

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You used the word ARIMA so I put this in our econometrics board, but maybe this is a more general simulation question.  

If so, @Rick_SAS has a large collection of blog posts about simulations, including guidance for targeting specific parameter values.  See Simulate lognormal data with specified mean and variance -- or view the whole series of Simulation articles here.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation