BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
danilo276
Calcite | Level 5

Hello group,

I need some help to write scoring code from proc autoreg. What is the actual code that can replicate the predicted quantities from the output out = dataset?

It's easy enough to calculate the predicted model component (using standard coefficients) but how does one incorporate the AR coefficients?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm struggling even with a simple example: consider the example given in SAS online documentation:

data a;
      ul = 0; ull = 0;
      do time = -10 to 36;
         u = + 1.3 * ul - .5 * ull + 2*rannor(12346);
         y = 10 + .5 * time + u;
         if time > 0 then output;
         ull = ul; ul = u;
      end;
   run;

auto-reg model - produce an output dataset with predicted quatitites: QUESTION: HOW CAN I USE MODEL EFFECTS TO REPLICATE PREDICTED VALUES?

proc autoreg data=a outest = autoreg_parms;

aut: model y = time / nlag=2 method=ml;

output out = pred_a p = pred_y ;

run;

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

There are two types of predicted values for AR models, conditional and unconditional, depending on your needs. Which one would you like to compute? See

SAS/ETS(R) 13.1 User's Guide

PG

PG
danilo276
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply. I'm after the conditional mean values. The descriptions in the user guide are all nice and well for t > nlag. However, there is nothing on how to start the predicted series: the auto-regressive formula

v_t = -phi_2*v_t-2 - phi_1*v_t-1 (for AR(2) say) doesn't say how to compute v_1 and v_2. This is my whole problem.

Do you know how SAS actually does this?

Dan.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation