BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I am new to Forecast Studio, I wonder how could you import data to Forecast Studio?

If I can upload my data to library, it will solve my problem, But the libraries that are available to me only those default SAS libraries, and I could not upload data to any of those libraries. see attached for the libraries. BTW, I am using SAS server in Linux.

My questions:

Who can define a specified library for the forecast data set I will need, and how to define the library?

Thank you!

Jade

Library_available.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

You may have set up authorizations for your libraries incorrect.

If you consult Chapter 6 of the Administrator’s Guide: "Creating and Configuring Libraries Understanding" and check out "Libraries Assigned by SAS Forecast Server" you will find details on how to go about this task.

If still in doubt my colleagues in Technical Support will be delighted to assist.

Thanks,

Udo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Here are four main sources of external library assignments:

• All SAS libraries that are shipped with SAS are automatically assigned to each SAS session. Examples of Base SAS libraries are Sashelp, Sasuser, and Work.
  • Additional libraries can be assigned by adding LIBNAME statements to your SAS or server configuration files. The scope of the configuration file (in other words, is it a SAS or server configuration file) determines the availability of the library.
  • Libraries can also be assigned by including LIBNAME statements in the start-up code for an environment. These libraries are available only for the associated environment. If you assign a library in your environment’s start-up code, you must include a corresponding LIBNAME CLEAR statement in the shutdown code.
  • Pre-assigned libraries that are defined in the metadata and associated with a given server are automatically assigned when the server session is created.

More details can be found in the SAS® Forecast Server 14.2: Administrator’s Guide - Chapter 6: Creating and Configuring Libraries

Thanks,

Udo

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

@Thank you! I guess I did not ask the right question.

My problem is even I set up the library which pointed to my home directory (/home/Jade) and loaded my data there via SAS EG, I could not see it in the Forecast Studio. The libraries I can see in Forecast Studio is attached.

I don't know what's your Forecast Studio looks like at the same step (Select the data set that you want to Forecast), are there more libraries than mine? If so, how did you defined that setting? Thank you!

Library_available.PNG
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

You may have set up authorizations for your libraries incorrect.

If you consult Chapter 6 of the Administrator’s Guide: "Creating and Configuring Libraries Understanding" and check out "Libraries Assigned by SAS Forecast Server" you will find details on how to go about this task.

If still in doubt my colleagues in Technical Support will be delighted to assist.

Thanks,

Udo

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you. I will let my SAS Admin to contact SAS support if needed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation