BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Phoenix_LJ
Obsidian | Level 7

I have built a proper model through the Arima process step, but I don't know how to formally and correctly describe the model.QQ截图20210926110907.png

this is my final arima model,it should name "ARIMA(1,1,1)(1,1,1)52" or another???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @Phoenix_LJ ,

I am assuming you are familiar with the backshift notation and polynomials in the backshift operator.

Here's the formulae of your ARIMA(1,0,1)(1,1,1)52 model :

• Z_t =  ( 1 - B ) ( 1 - B**52 ) Y_t
  • ( 1 - 0.90219B ) ( 1 + 0.05042B**52) Z_t = 0.071843 + (1 - 0.15713B ) ( 1 - 0.65111B**52 ) e_t

This is indeed a SARIMA model, i.e. Seasonal ARIMA (Auto-Regressive Integrated Moving Average) model with :

• seasonal differencing (once on 52 periods = simple seasonal differencing). The degree d of the seasonal differencing is 1 and s=52 is the length of the seasonal cycle.
  • 1 is the order of the autoregressive part
  • 1 is the order of the seasonal autoregressive part
  • 1 is the order of the moving-average process
  • 1 is the order of the seasonal moving-average process
  • e_t is the independent disturbance, also called the random error
  • you have no transfer functions as it is not SARIMAX (with some extra X-input time series)

Kind regards,

Koen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @Phoenix_LJ ,

I am assuming you are familiar with the backshift notation and polynomials in the backshift operator.

Here's the formulae of your ARIMA(1,0,1)(1,1,1)52 model :

• Z_t =  ( 1 - B ) ( 1 - B**52 ) Y_t
  • ( 1 - 0.90219B ) ( 1 + 0.05042B**52) Z_t = 0.071843 + (1 - 0.15713B ) ( 1 - 0.65111B**52 ) e_t

This is indeed a SARIMA model, i.e. Seasonal ARIMA (Auto-Regressive Integrated Moving Average) model with :

• seasonal differencing (once on 52 periods = simple seasonal differencing). The degree d of the seasonal differencing is 1 and s=52 is the length of the seasonal cycle.
  • 1 is the order of the autoregressive part
  • 1 is the order of the seasonal autoregressive part
  • 1 is the order of the moving-average process
  • 1 is the order of the seasonal moving-average process
  • e_t is the independent disturbance, also called the random error
  • you have no transfer functions as it is not SARIMAX (with some extra X-input time series)

Kind regards,

Koen

Phoenix_LJ
Obsidian | Level 7
  • Thank you very much for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation