BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sudhanshubhasin
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Team,

I have downloaded the Oracle Version of the Software and tried to follow the step as per the guide listed on the website

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine SAS-University-Edition.
VT-x is disabled in the BIOS. (VERR_VMX_MSR_VMXON_DISABLED).

Result Code:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:Console
Interface:IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

Please help me setup the version

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, my partner had this.  you need to re-start your machine and go into the bios.  If you need help on that check your computer's help pages as the keys differ, on the on I mentioned it had a special key to hold during startup.  The bios is the thing that tells the OS what bits are in your machine.  One of the options in the Bios is to enable virtualization - you may have to look around a bit for it, maybe under a virtualization tab.  Set this to enabled then it should run.  Ensure you don't change anything else in bios unless you know what your doing though.

Also a Google on "VT-x is disabled in the BIOS" may help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation