BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

What would be the appropriate way to screen out weak predictors so as to later on fit a state space model?

Is there any other test (more advanced and accurate) besides correlations that would help me select the strongest variables in the case where my dependent as well as my independent variables are of continuous type? (lets say sales as Y and different media spends as X(s)?)

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

If you have access to SAS Forecast Server - you may want to use the HPFDIAG procedure as a variable selection tool.

Screening out weak predictors for time series models is a bit more tricky than for static regression models. Cross-correlation is an obvious way to assess predictors.

Thanks,

Udo

chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately i am running on SAS base

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation