BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mcs
Obsidian | Level 7 mcs
Obsidian | Level 7

I'd like to use SASEFRED.  I got an API key from FRED (masked in the code below), but I can't seem to connect.  Is there a way to troubleshoot what's going wrong?

options validvarname=any;

%let PATH=C:\Users\svnd\Desktop;

libname fred sasefred "&PATH"
  OUTXML=T10Y
  XMLMAP="&PATH\T10Y.map"
  APIKEY='XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'
  IDLIST='DGS10';
run;

NOTE: Parsing with high validation.
ERROR: XMLMap parser encountered fatal XML error
         Exception class: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
         ID: <null>
         Line: -1
         Column: -1
ERROR: Unable to parse the specified file: file:/C:/Users/svnd/XFREDtp1.xml
         Exception class: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
WARNING: The default frequency of this timeseries (DGS10) is lower than the requested FREQ ().
WARNING: This timeseries (DGS10) is excluded because its default frequency is lower than the
         requested FREQ ().
NOTE: Libref FRED was successfully assigned as follows:
      Engine:        SASEFRED
      Physical Name: C:\Users\svnd\Desktop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bari_sas
SAS Employee

Based on those messages I can't tell exactly what's failing, but there's a debug= option you can place on the LIBNAME statement to get more information in the SAS log. When you add debug=on you should see a filename statement generated in the log window. Can you use the url found in the log on your browser? If you get an error there, that implies a problem with the API key (too short, expired, etc.).

If the url works from the browser, and the debug= information does not help you determine root cause for the failure, then the debug= info is helpful for SAS Technical Support (me), along with the results of this code:

%put _automatic_;

Feel free to post back the results of the above tests or email them to support@sas.com to create a tracking entry with Tech Support so that I or someone on my team can do more research and offer you feedback.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bari_sas
SAS Employee

Based on those messages I can't tell exactly what's failing, but there's a debug= option you can place on the LIBNAME statement to get more information in the SAS log. When you add debug=on you should see a filename statement generated in the log window. Can you use the url found in the log on your browser? If you get an error there, that implies a problem with the API key (too short, expired, etc.).

If the url works from the browser, and the debug= information does not help you determine root cause for the failure, then the debug= info is helpful for SAS Technical Support (me), along with the results of this code:

%put _automatic_;

Feel free to post back the results of the above tests or email them to support@sas.com to create a tracking entry with Tech Support so that I or someone on my team can do more research and offer you feedback.

mcs
Obsidian | Level 7 mcs
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, when I use debug=on, the log shows a filename that includes my apikey, and I'm able to browse to that url successfully.  It just shows a brief XML document including some series information.

I'll email you the debug info.

Martin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation