BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi All,

tried to run the code in Dev but when run the specific macro, it seems to be pointing to prod mid tier rather than DEV.

Here is the code that we are trying to run.

%FSLOGIN(USER=test_user, PASSWORD=XXXXX,
     SASENVIRONMENT=dev);

getting the below error.

ERROR: Exception caught in FSLOGIN.

ERROR: ENVIRONMENT_LOAD_FAILED

01-29 13:11:58,084 [Thread-4][FATAL XmlEnvironmentManager] - Unable to properly initialize EnvironmentManager (IOException) using

the provided URL (https://prodmid:8343/sas/sas-environment.xml)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)

If I run the same code in prod , it works fine as the sas-environment.xml is correct.

but why it is picking up the wrong sas environment file in dev?

I have checked the sas-environment.xml we have Dev info in the sas-environment.xml in dev

Thanks,

SS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajib_nath
SAS Employee

@sathya66

You need to check the "sassw.config" file in the Workspace Server machine of DEV host. I am guessing the server hosting workspace server and / or metadata server is different from Mid DEV. Can you please check that?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rajib_nath
SAS Employee

Hi @sathya66

You should check the content inside "sassw.config" file which is located at SAS Home (typically "C:\program files\SASHome"). 

Look for the value of SASENVIRONMENTSURL= property and check if it is pointing to the right middle tier host.

Hope this helps, Regards,

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Thanks,

Yes, it is pointing to the  right mid tier host. 

rajib_nath
SAS Employee

Ok.

In EG, you need to connect to a Workspace Server using a connection profile. The Workspace Server can be a remote or a local one. 

Can you please check the Workspace Server information in the profile?

If you are connected to a remote host A, then the SASENVIRONMENT= property will be read from host A. If you are connected to a local workspace server, then this property will be read from the local machine. Can you please check?

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I am sure I connected to remote access , because it is trying to connect to prod from DEV remote host "https://prodmid:8343/sas/sas-environment.xml".

how can I check the workspace server information in the  profile? 

Thanks,

SS

rajib_nath
SAS Employee

HI @sathya66,

In EG, there is an icon at the bottom right corner to view the current profile, I am attaching two images for illustration.

Once you have clicked on that icon, a dialog will open up and display the details of the workspace server. You can also create a new profile to connect to another remote and local workspace. The user has to be a valid OS account authorized to that SAS Workspace.

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @rajib_nath ,

I connected to remote host. below screen shot is a connection profile to connect to a server  right , it will connect to Metadata  and then SASAPP and then workspace /pooled workspace .

above code is working in Prod but when we run the same code in Dev , it is trying to connect PROD environment variable.

I have checked the environment variable file in Mid DEV ,it has correct mid /sas-environment.xml.

Thanks,

SS

rajib_nath
SAS Employee

@sathya66

You need to check the "sassw.config" file in the Workspace Server machine of DEV host. I am guessing the server hosting workspace server and / or metadata server is different from Mid DEV. Can you please check that?

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @rajib_nath ,

it is pointing to wrong(prod) env instead of dev.

Thanks,

SS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation